This is a list of items I recommend for a hiking photographer or just a hiker in general.
- Komperdell Ultralite Vario 4 Hiking Poles – Lightweight and will prop up a ZPacks Altaplex tent
- Glow in the dark paracord
- Vargo Bot – Acts as a bottle and a pot
- Ursack Major
- Katadyn BeFree Water Filter – This is considerably faster than the Sawyer Water Filter in operation.
- LOKSAK - OPKSAK Storage Bag – Get the 12×20 version.
- Sony a7rII – Amazing, lightweight landscape camera; it could do with dual card slots
- Zeiss Loxia 21mm f/2.8 Lens – Sharp, beautiful colours and much smaller and lighter than a DSLR equivalent lens
- Sony Zeiss 35mm f/2.8 – Sharp, beautiful colours and much smaller than a DSLR equivalent lens but does suffer a bit of CA and focus breathing
- Sony Zeiss 55mm f/1.8 – Sharpest lens for Sony, great lens but it does have focus breathing
- Zeiss Loxia 50mm f/2.0 – A great lens but manual focus can be problematic at this focal length
- – It’s exactly as advertised, and it is a brilliant filter
- Sony NP-FW50 – Spare batteries
- Neewer NP-FW50 Charger
- SanDisk Extreme Pro SD – Good value for money but not the fastest on the market
- SanDisk Extreme Portable SSD 2018 Model – Incredibly fast and lightweight
- Lowepro Photo Hatchback 22L Backpack – Great bag for up to a full day hike
- Crumpler Muli 7500 – Great bag for small hikes – UK Link
- Lowepro 45AW II – Great bag to be used on its own or in conjunction with a large bag if you are going for multiple day hikes
- Godox TT350S Sony Flash
- Godox TT600S Sony Flash
- Godox TT685S Sony Flash and Godox X1TS Sony Transmitter (amazing bang for the buck)
- Godox TT685S Sony Flash x2 and Godox X1TS Sony Transmitter
- Godox TT685S Sony Flash
- Godox X1TS Sony Transmitter
Smartwatch for hiking and geotagging photographs
- Solar Paper
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8 – Incredible phone. Water resistant, USB-C USB 3.1 port, great screen, etc.
Photochirp.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program and eBay affiliate programme; these are affiliate advertising programmes designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com & eBay.com.